A Guide to Faculty Adoptions
- Submitting adoptions in a timely manner is imperative for students' success.
- There are two ways to submit a textbook adoption:
- To ensure order accuracy, always fill in all fields when placing an order.
- ISBNs are the key to identifying a book correctly; please always use the ISBN-13 when submitting to the bookstore.
- The contact for adoption questions is Brittany Raveill, she can be reached at [email protected] or 218-733-7668.
- Only click into classes that you want to adopt to. Once one person clicks into a class, no one else will be able to get into that class again.
***PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO CLICKING IN EACH STEP. GENERALLY, ONCE YOU HAVE CLICKED THROUGH SOMETHING THERE IS NO GOING BACK!
How to use the lsc store adoption website
Place adoption guided adoption
1-2-3 Step by step method
Guided adoption is the easiest method, and the method suggested by bookstore staff.
Finding your books
First Time Users
**Repeat users - if, at this step you see the books you are wanting to adopt in your book list, go to step 15. If the book is not in your book list, perform steps 9-14
** Instructor packets can be adopted just like a book. Many packets are already in the system. The easiest way to find this: in step 10, choose title from the dropdown menu and type your department into the search box. This will likely bring up a list of all packets (sometimes multiple pages) for your department. You may find the packet you are looking for normally titled with department, course number, and instructor name - ex. BIOL 1000 BENNETT. If you don't find the one you are looking for, you can add it, proceeding to step 12.
****If you are adding an instructor packet, please title it Department, Course Number, Instructor - for example, BIOL 1005 BENNET. You may leave ISBN, publisher and edition blank when adding a packet.
Completing your adoption
Copy adoption to new course
You have now completed "A Guide to Faculty Adoptions"
This guide is intended to outline the most common steps and procedures utilized by faculty. If you have further questions about using the system or other functions in the system, please contact Brittany at [email protected].